The secrets of airbrushing have been held very close to heart but time is changing now. With the advent of HD in every sphere of life, it’s time for the secrets to striking the streets too. I must say technology has in a lot of ways made life harder.
An HD image magnifies the image about 6 times! And none of the makeup artists has time to check their work under a magnifying glass before every appearance their models make. So the power of the airbrush makeup as a blending tool helps us to give a uniform result.
- Airbrush Makeup is used in the filming industry because the spraying method gives a very natural look to the face and shows it clean and clear. However, lots of pores and wrinkles on the faces are noticed these is because of traditional makeup.
- Airbrush Makeup offers the perfect look to ladies. By this method, one can layer and shade the skin too. This method also offers sanitation that requires no need to touch the skin, Also for a trained professional, it is a faster way of makeup and there are many ways of operating it for different fantasies and special effects.
Basics Of Airbrushes
Airbrush systems for makeup are made from small diaphragm compressors with less powerful and affordable. They have two needles that rest in the nozzle which the user operates. This action happens when both the air and the pigments meet. One needle pushes out air and the other needle pushes out pigment. A single-action nozzle takes place when the user just sprays out the mixture and a double-action nozzle takes place where the user can control the amount of pigment that is released.
Another good thing about airbrush makeup is that you can easily spray makeup on the face without touching the skin.
The different types of formulas are available for these they are as follows:-
- Water based
- Alcohol based
- Silicon based
1. Water Based Makeup
In this airbrush formula is already mixed in the water! The makeup appears flat on the skin, and it is easy to build full coverage. People prefer this formula where they need to work under bright lights where they can’t have to shine.
2. Alcohol Based Makeup
This has 99% alcohol but this has amazing staying power and can stay up to 5 days. Due to the huge amount of alcohol daily use is not advised.
3. Silicon Based Makeup
Silicon is made for natural makeup. It has the finish of the natural skin as long as the shades that match with the skin. It tends to deepen a shade and it always picks the lighter shade when in confusion.
How To Do Airbrush Makeup?
Before beginning the makeup we need to take an airbrush kit consisting of an air compressor, a fine airbrush, and makeup.
These are some basic pointers to keep in mind:-
- Airbrush method can be done thoroughly if it is done by someone else, even though you can do it yourself. This is because there may be chances of makeup getting into your eyes, which would cause problems. So it would be better to ask someone else to do it for you.
- You should watch CDs or read up the manuals provided by the company for knowledge of product and equipment before doing makeup, as this type of makeup is different from conventional makeup.
- Always keep in mind unlike traditional makeup, it can be layered without creating any problems. But for this to happen, leave the first layer of makeup to dry and again reapply when it is dry.
- It is easy to correct the mistakes that happen in traditional makeup but in airbrush makeup, this can’t be done. So better to use little bits of makeup each time so that you don’t need to over apply.
- Before doing makeup or applying on anyone’s face practice on a piece of paper to get an idea as to how you can apply.
- We need to practice the mixing of shades too as these will create the best looks.
- Always apply makeup from a distance of 6 inches from the face this is the best way. On selected areas for better control use small bursts of makeup.
- Always use a circular or forward-backward motion for applying the makeup on the face.
- There are 3 types of airbrush makeup as mentioned above water-based, alcohol-based, and silicone-based, you should choose the best one for your skin type.
- You can also consult a makeup artist for better suggestions.
298 total views, 1 views today